TV cable from one bedroom to another.

Got Sky box in one bedroom and want to run cable to other bedroom.
Did originally plan to drill up into the attic, run the cable up there, and then down into the other bedroom. But, I've found its too difficult to get too in the attic and practically impossible to get the hole for the cable right in the corner of the room (too close to edge of roof).
So, next idea is to drill out through the wall, around the outside of the house, and back in to the other bedroom (this is what sky did to install it in the first place from dish at front of house).
Is it OK to just drill a hole and stick cable through or should I fill/ seal hole after to prevent drafts? I've seen covers etc that wire goes through on outside to stop water/damp. Any good?

Gromet is probably a better description of water cover...

Gromet is probably a better description of water cover... Call them what you like, there real purpose is to hide the damage done to the brick facing by the Sky fitters drill.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
I have done this by drilling up in the corner of the room then feeding up a draw wire
From the attic fish for the draw wire from where ever in the attic you can get to
Pull in the cable and job done
I am oldish and from a genereation where wires were normally hidden and surface wiring was a last resort
Regards

paulfoel wrote:

Drill your hole at a slight downwards angle - such that water is less prone to run in. Form the cable into a drip loop, or include a small drop down from the hole outside, and seal the entrance hole around the cable with a silicone sealant.
--
Cheers,

John.

Drip loop?

Before you run the cable up to the loft, run it down a little first, then loop it back up. Stops water running down the cable then entering the hole.

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

I think I'll use Loopy Drip instead.
Bill
On 2 Oct, 03:01, "Bill Wright" wrote:

Cranked Bracket
After all you are married to a Hilda :-)
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:0

If you need the cable to run up, don't run straight up from the exit, otherwise you may channel water into the hole. Instead do a little "J" style diversion[1] down and then up. That way any water that tracks down the wire will accumulate at the loop and fall off at the bottom rather than running into the hole.
[1] Don't bend the coax tighter than its minimum bend radius though.
--
Cheers,

John.

Have you thought about using a video sender, Sky do their own I think, but probably cheaper elsewhere
Ron

Yeah. Used a video sender in the past but found the picture a bit flakey.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

They're also crap if you have WiFi network as they intefere with each other due to them using the same frequency range.

Do you want them to be able to watch different programmes at the same time (2 receiver boxes)? if so don't you need a dual output LNB and a second cable from there? if you daisy chain a second receiver off the first then you will only be able to get channels in the new one that are on teh same polarisation a band as the first one.
But perhaps Sky uses all the same polarisation to avoid this difficulty?
Robert

Same progs.