TV Arm on plasterboard wall - holes there now.

Depending on what sort of holes you are left with and how much space in the cavity there is, you could use some snaptoggles.

I have used these many times for larger items and kitchen units, nothing has ever gave way or collapsed, I agree attaching to a stud is the best way but not always possible and not everyone wants to rip off their plasterboard etc.

So so for a BM5 Toggler, Snaptoggle, drill the hole to 13mm and put in place, secure with an M5 Machine screw.

Gogs

These are fine for most applications

Stuart Noble

Look interesting. Where do you get them in UK - the above website is obviously American?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Except that you can't subsequently remove and replace the bolt without the toggle disappearing inside the cavity

Reply to
Roger Mills

None of those are quite the same.

Yes, it's worth remembering that any fixing to plasterboard is only as strong as the plasterboard itself, and as its attachment to the studding.

Reply to
Roger Mills

My favourite is these;
Aldi had a set of them with a fixing tool last week for a tenner.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Do you not find they can turn in the board, especially if have to take something off the wall a few times?

I tried a few in the past and some seemed to go like that, that's why stuck with the snaptoggles, mind I'm not in the trade so to speak

Reply to
Gogs

Not found that. I do use the setting tool though. They have little spikes to stop them turning anywho.

The Medway Handyman