Tumble dryer condensing kits - any good?

Anyone any experience of using a tumble dryer condensing kit on a conventional tumble dryer? These things are like a plastic box that you fill half full of water and plug into the back of your tumbler.
TIA Midge.

put a proper venting in.
--
the_constructor

I have used one as a temporary measure and it has been no problem. No extra condensation noticed but as soon as the house extension is completed I will have it vented properly through the wall as it will make a neater job.
Phian
Thanks for your replies.
Midge