Trimming doors

I am about to tile my bathroom floor so putting 9mm ply plus tile on top of that so say 20mm increase in floor height, I will require to trim the bathroom door to allow for this. The doors are cheapy doors with a cardboard internal, what is the best way to trim the so that I get a neat edge, last time I tried this I got a kindof ragged edge and it was obvious it had been trimmed.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
S S

With a planer (electric). Can you borrow one for this small job? If not, they are only £20 to buy.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

I should be able to borrow one. So plane rather than saw never thought of that.

thanks

Reply to
S S

good idea to borrow one cos youll be planing through a row of staples both sides and probably fixings that hold the frame together and you dont want to be doing that with your own tools

cyril

Reply to
jack

Ooops back to the drawing board. I thought they were just glued. So whats the best way?

Reply to
S S

Circular saw. Espicially one with a metal cutting blade. It'll still cut wood albeit a bit slowly.

Reply to
malc

No. Don't worry about this. If you damage the blades just get some new ones. They may not get damaged in the first place. You may even find that the blades have been reversed because they were damaged. So use the damaged side and then turn them back.

Rob

Reply to
Rob graham

I just cut 4 internal doors, the 6 panel white painted textured variety. I used a 'Japanese Pullsaw' as recommended by somebody on here. Worked a treat not a chip in sight. Once you get used to cutting on the pull stroke, it's fine, so practice on a bit of scrap or do a practice cut away from your finished line first to see the finish. This link takes you to Screwfix but I got mine from EBay cheaper and with a spare blade!

HTH

John

Reply to
John