travertine stone flooring

Hi, I'm looking to do the kitchen floor with this. Thing is.. there seems to be quite a big variation in prices quoted, for the same thing, ie, unfilled, chiselled edge. Or any finish, for that matter. Can there really be such a difference in "quality"? Ok, the surface may be a different texture, and/or colour, but these are always personal preferences, not necessarily based on "quality". What I need is an unbiased opinion (if there can, indeed be such a thing) - is some stone better than others, and are there any peculiarities to look out for.
Price differences I'm talking about are .. between 22.00 and 110 a sq. mtre.
So.. good enough reason to be careful.
Thanks in anticipation,
Derek