Totally OT: Bank Bags

Page 1 of 2

Sorry to be so far OT but does anybody know the correct name for the re-usable bank bags, the clear ones that fold over and hold 20 in 1 coins etc. I want lots of them, I know I can go into a bank etc and get a handfull but I want lots for a project I am working on for my son's school.
Cheers
John

I just ask for coin bags.
John

I ask for the same if I go into a bank, but I want approx 1500 of the blighters and they are unlikely to give me that many. So I was hoping to find the correct name and buy some from a supplier.
Thanks
John

You can get them on eBay, search for BANK COIN BAGS
John wrote:

Ask the school to request them, on letterhead, with some waffle about worthy purpose of project - it's likely they'll be happy to give them to you
On 28/04/2007 19:05, John wrote:

The last time I wanted a lot fo them (enough to hold about 1000) they bank staff were quite happy to dish them out, once I assured them would be returning them filled to a _different_ branch, they recommened I didn't turn up during lunch hour, so if you're cheeky you should get them without much fuss ...
John wrote:

I'd have thought a nice request to the bank would bring some freebies - they cost the bank next to nothing and have the bank's logo on, so advertising.
Owain

Yes, Owain, but we are taking about banks here......
Andy Hall wrote:

Banks who are keen to develop early brand loyalty. Why do you think they give free overdrafts to layabou^Wstudents?
Which reminds me, must see if I've still got my Natwest Globe moneybox and how much they sell for on Ebay...
Owain

RBS is more interested in buying ABN Amro at this point.

Mark Twain. Umbrellas.

I've got two complete sets of the piggies. With bungs and the recycling logo. Not sure what these would fetch.

Do banks still give good freebies - my 4 week old son might "need" some more accounts!
--
Spread the word: http://ethicalexpert.com /
Andy Hall wrote:

There's a complete set on Ebay at 77 with 14 minutes to go - item no. 330111381340. They seem to go for about 90 per set. Sir Nathaniel on his own goes for 50. A Cousin Wesley, who seems to be very rare, went for 190 yesterday.
The original invenstments required were 5 for Woody, 25 for Anabelle, 50 for Maxwell, 75 for Lady Hilary and 100 for Sir Nathaniel. Cousin Wesley was for a Children's Bond with a 1000 investment.
http://www.piggybankpage.co.uk/wade_NatWest.htm
Owain

I've seen people asking for spare sets on FreeCycle 'for the kids'.
Yeah. Right.

Some of the things being asked for on Freecycle are just plain ridiculous .

Looking at the pictures in the URL posted earlier, one has to ask about the mental state of a person who thinks it is in any way appropriate to get something like a "Gold Woody" for the kids...

For a box of 5000 they cost us about 40!

Are those the goldplated ones? You can get resealable plastic sandwich bags cheaper than that!

Just find a quite moment and ask for half a box from the cashiers. Pick a friendly looking middle aged woman and you should have no problem. Promise not to return to her when you have filled them!

Probably all banks are the same but the Abbey only take so many at a time .