Totally OT: Bank Bags

Sorry to be so far OT but does anybody know the correct name for the re-usable bank bags, the clear ones that fold over and hold £20 in £1 coins etc. I want lots of them, I know I can go into a bank etc and get a handfull but I want lots for a project I am working on for my son's school.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

I just ask for coin bags.

John

Reply to
John

I ask for the same if I go into a bank, but I want approx 1500 of the blighters and they are unlikely to give me that many. So I was hoping to find the correct name and buy some from a supplier.

Thanks

John

Reply to
John

You can get them on eBay, search for BANK COIN BAGS

Reply to
Homer

I'd have thought a nice request to the bank would bring some freebies - they cost the bank next to nothing and have the bank's logo on, so advertising.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ask the school to request them, on letterhead, with some waffle about worthy purpose of project - it's likely they'll be happy to give them to you

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yes, Owain, but we are taking about banks here......

Reply to
Andy Hall

The last time I wanted a lot fo them (enough to hold about =A31000) they =

bank staff were quite happy to dish them out, once I assured them would=20 be returning them filled to a _different_ branch, they recommened I=20 didn't turn up during lunch hour, so if you're cheeky you should get=20 them without much fuss ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Banks who are keen to develop early brand loyalty. Why do you think they give free overdrafts to layabou^Wstudents?

Which reminds me, must see if I've still got my Natwest Globe moneybox and how much they sell for on Ebay...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

For a box of 5000 they cost us about £40!

Reply to
Eric Jones

Are those the goldplated ones? You can get resealable plastic sandwich bags cheaper than that!

Reply to
Grumps

Not from the vending machine at the airports - for putting liquids in!!!!

Reply to
John

RBS is more interested in buying ABN Amro at this point.

Mark Twain. Umbrellas.

I've got two complete sets of the piggies. With bungs and the recycling logo. Not sure what these would fetch.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do banks still give good freebies - my 4 week old son might "need" some more accounts!

Reply to
Stephen (Sausagefans.com)

Just find a quite moment and ask for half a box from the cashiers. Pick a friendly looking middle aged woman and you should have no problem. Promise not to return to her when you have filled them!

Reply to
Schrodinger

There's a complete set on Ebay at £77 with 14 minutes to go - item no.

330111381340. They seem to go for about £90 per set. Sir Nathaniel on his own goes for £50. A Cousin Wesley, who seems to be very rare, went for £190 yesterday.

The original invenstments required were £5 for Woody, £25 for Anabelle, £50 for Maxwell, £75 for Lady Hilary and £100 for Sir Nathaniel. Cousin Wesley was for a Children's Bond with a £1000 investment.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I've seen people asking for spare sets on FreeCycle 'for the kids'.

Yeah. Right.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Some of the things being asked for on Freecycle are just plain ridiculous .

Reply to
Stuart B

Probably all banks are the same but the Abbey only take so many at a time .

Reply to
Stuart B

Abbey isn't a bank - it's just pretending.

Reply to
Andy Hall