Toilet seats

I wish to replace a couple toilet seats, we want white plastic seats of approx 420mm x 375mm and the important measurement is 225mm between the pan fixing bolts - its a Twyford pan of unknown model number. Any ideas where we may obtain such? Thanks, John
John Smith wrote:

Seats I have fitted have been adjustable over quite a range. Never had to find a special to suit an unusual pan. 225mm does sound wide - just measured mine at about 170mm.
Maybe try a proper plumbers merchant not a shed.
Bob
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:

Seats I have fitted have been adjustable over quite a range. Never had to find a special to suit an unusual pan. 225mm does sound wide - just measured mine at about 170mm.
Maybe try a proper plumbers merchant not a shed.
Bob =====================Tried the one local proper plumbers merchants and a couple sheds without success hence this post.

Try a Google search ("toilet seat 225")? I found several sites with questions asking for 225mm spaced seats, some had no replies, another said the widest they sold was 220mm. Then I came to this: http://www.replacementbathroom.co.uk/twyfords-jupiterrhapsody-wc-toilet-seat-443-p.asp which seemed a bit expensive and got me thinking that you are after something rare!
Mike
"mike" wrote in message

Try a Google search ("toilet seat 225")? I found several sites with questions asking for 225mm spaced seats, some had no replies, another said the widest they sold was 220mm. Then I came to this: http://www.replacementbathroom.co.uk/twyfords-jupiterrhapsody-wc-toilet-seat-443-p.asp which seemed a bit expensive and got me thinking that you are after something rare! Mike ================Thanks for the reply Mike. As you say that IS expensive...may be forced to refit the original (only 15 years old) nice wooden seat!..whilst we continue to look around. John
"John Smith" wrote in message

Try a Google search ("toilet seat 225")? I found several sites with questions asking for 225mm spaced seats, some had no replies, another said the widest they sold was 220mm. Then I came to this: http://www.replacementbathroom.co.uk/twyfords-jupiterrhapsody-wc-toilet-seat-443-p.asp which seemed a bit expensive and got me thinking that you are after something rare! Mike ================Thanks for the reply Mike. As you say that IS expensive...may be forced to refit the original (only 15 years old) nice wooden seat!..whilst we continue to look around. John =============So far so bad!...I've failed miserably to locate a seat with fixing bolts 225mm apart (seems that 150mm is the norm). Any ideas?
John Smith wrote:

http://www.replacementbathroom.co.uk/twyfords-jupiterrhapsody-wc-toilet-seat-443-p.asp
Get the type that are two mounts with a rod in between Change the rod for a longer piece of stainless steel and fit two ss spacers to centralise the seat & lid.

Get the type that are two mounts with a rod in between Change the rod for a longer piece of stainless steel and fit two ss spacers to centralise the seat & lid. ------------------- Good idea will look into that thanks. John
On 09/07/2011 08:46, John Smith wrote:

http://www.replacementbathroom.co.uk/twyfords-jupiterrhapsody-wc-toilet-seat-443-p.asp
You can buy screw on hinges for wooden toilet seats http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action tail&fh_secondid70906&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C%7B9372015%7D/categories%3C%7B9372046%7D/categories%3C%7B9372180%7D/specificationsProductType=toilet_fittings/specificationsSpecificProductType=toilet_seat_hinges&tmcampid=4&tmad=c&ecamp=cse_go&CAWELAID&6881081

In case it helps in the future, B&Q website links to specific (single) items can be truncated after the 7digit product ID code to give a shorter link.
For the part you pointed at, this link will get you there: http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action tail&fh_secondid70906
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks