Toilet Overflow ?

Hi Folks, The toilet in my house was inherited from the previous occupier. There is no overflow pipe connected to it but I can't see anyother way inwhich the water could escape if the cistern got too full. The siphon, is of the rectangular design.
My brother in Filey, also has a toilet purchased a couple of years ago from Screwfix which is basically of the same design.
How does the excess water disperse please ?
--
the_constructor

the_constructor wrote:

the water goes when it does get over-full...
It may have a hidden overflow into the bowl, built into the syphon assembly.
If not, you can stop before the water does actually go OTT.
--
Sue

the "no overflow" breakthrough.
On that one the overflow is a vertical pipe up from the bottom of the cistern - the problem is it's a bit too long. So, if it overflows (it's only done it once), the water actually starts trickling out onto the floor when it reaches the "handle" on the side of the cistern, and it never actually reaches the overflow level. Hmmmm.... must get round to trimming about an inch off that pipe some time!
I have "Cameo"s in two other bathrooms (with "overflow into the bowl") and they are fine.
Regards, Simon.

Why not just hold the float down and watch what happens. If it gets dangerously high simply flush and you are back where you started... except that you now know that it might overflow :-) (there might be an internal overflow that discharges into the bowl.
Peter

one of the snagging tests was to overflow all the loos and see where the water goes.
In my mates case.. - Understairs loo discharged into the space under the lower stairs !!! A float should have been fitted into the tank to open a hole if the water gets too high, but no float was fitted. - Ensuite loo discharged onto the floor. - Bathroom loo discharged down a pipe which due to someone making solvent weld joints without solvent discharged into the kitchen ceiling and out via the downlighters.