Toilet leaks at soil pipe exit

Hello
My toilet leaks at the soil pipe exit.. It is a new toilet and I have used a WC connector pipe from B&Q that has a rubber gasket to fit over the soil pipe exit but it leaks at the rubber. I suspect this is because the toilet exit pipe is not 100% circular. It is fiddly to get to the exit pipe as it is a concealed fitting toilet. I have tried to push Plumber's Mait around the rubber gasket but this has not worked. You also can't get Silicone Sealant in there. Any one have any suggestions?
Thanks for the help.
--

Thanks
kik

used
toilet
it
Saying it is not completely circular. Does this mean the old soil pipe is made of lead?
You can get longer straight pan connectors to fit further down in the old soil pipe, so making it harder for water to run back up the pipe. If the old soil pipe is made of lead, then you can use a wooden mallet, or just a block of wood, do hammer the edges down around the new pan connector. So you create a lip that faces inward toward the middle of the pipe. This should stop water getting out as well.
Hi BigWallop
No - I meant that the ceramic waste exit on the toilet pan itself is possibly not circular (why else would it leak?). The actual soil stack is a new plastic stack and i have plastic straight pan connector.
thanks kik

Ahhhh Haaaaa!!! Now I'm with ya. :-) Ceramic never is perfect, but the pan connector seal should allow for this. You have pulled the seal outside in, haven't you?
A pan connector seal must be pulled out of the connector and fitted around the WC outlet port for it to be effective. You can use a spoon handle to fit the seal around the outlet port quite easily, like putting the tyre on a bicycle wheel.
The seal should sit outside the connector, and fit tightly around the outlet port of the WC. If you just shove the outlet in to the connector, then the seal is just pushed away from the rim of the outlet port, and does nothing to make a water seal between them.
If you look at the connector, you should see that the WC end has a lid sort of thing on it, which holds the rubber seal in place. If this isn't to tight to remove, then you can place the seal around the outlet port on the WC first, and then clip it back on to the connector again once the pan is back in place.
i'll give it a go this weekend and let you know how i get on....

I had exactly the same problem with a B&Q connection. The answer was simple, I bought a decent fitting from a plumbers merchant - it had a much better seal and worked first time.
Peter

Thanks for all the help.
I got it fixed by buying a new pan connector and making sure it had a corrugated rubber seal. The previous one had a smooth seal which obviously did not cater for inconsistencies in the ceramic as well as the corrugated rubber seal.