toilet flush 2

Sorry about the first post .Dont know what happened there ,it just went on its way without any help from me .I have a toilet that is reluctant to flush at times.It has multiflush siphon and overflows into the pan.Is there anything I can check or do to see if I can improve things or is a new siphon called for.Any advice welcome.
allan
allan wrote:

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/toiletwontflush.htm
--
Kevin R
Reply address works

Thanks Kevin

Or, better still, replace the syphon with a modern flushing mechanism that doesn't use a syphonic action. The new one's provide a better flush and simply work better for longer.
Ret.

with internal flush.Does the flush volume have any bearing on the overflow operation?
allan

Virtually all modern, none syphonic flush valves have an internal overflow (that overflows into the toilet bowl thus obviating the need for separate overflow pipework. The simplest is the 'flapper' system which, as the name suggests, is a simple circular flap over the outlet to the toilet bowl. There is a hollow 'float' attached to the flap so that when you operate the lever or push-button, the flap lifts and remains vertical because the hollow float wants to rise. As the flush water empties the cistern, the flap drops down and (for some reason!) remains down as the tank refills.
Ret.
Ret. wrote:

--
Kevin R