Toilet cistern Siphons

Cistern siphon is the internal overflow type,can anyone who has experience of these please tell me if they can be relied on and are they fitted as standard on new installations.They are new to me but I am not in the building trade.

Reply to
tab

Paul Saunders

I agree, but in the UK, AFAIK these things are not legal. The idea of a syphonic type is that water cannot continue to trickle over into the pan without anyone knowing about it, neither can water back its way into the mains.

The type Paul mentions is not, I think what the OP is talking about, although it does work well. But syphonic ones work well and are ubiquitous in the UK.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Thanks to you both.I have tested this one of mine and it works well

Tab

Reply to
tab

They should be. Test it by holding the ballvalve float down so the cistern overflows at full inlet flow, and make sure the overflow mechanism can handle this without water spilling out of cistern via some other path.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
Paul Saunders