Tips for me to Vinyl Tile my kitchen floor

At the moment my kitchen is vinyl sheeting and I have cut a cross, in the corner, and underneath it is thermoplastic tiles. Looks like it was flat lay vinyl sheeting just glued at the edges. So I will be ripping this vinyl up and the tackling the surface below and then laying the vinyl tiles. I wondered if anyone has done this and what I need to look out for? Yes I know Vinyl tiles may not be the ideal choice but doing the place up on a budget to let out.
So hoping I can take up just the vinyl sheet and lay on the thermoplastic tiles?
Ken
You'll likely be able to stick them direct to the thermoplastic ones if the latter are in good nick, well stuck, and clean of any surface grease/dirt.
My house has plain thermoplastic tiles stuck to the concrete floor by the builder all over the ground floor (using a nasty bitumen like adhesive you really don't want to try and get up anyway!) and they are dead flat and stable in all but a few little places.
With it being a kitchen, check for damaged thermoplastic tiles under appliances though - most of mine had lifted/broken up there - and also check around the edges where they can also break up if the floor underneath has imperfections. Filler will fix any minor problems or levelling compound/new tiles* larger ones - and this should give you a good surface to stick your vinyl tiles onto.
* Got a pack of thermoplastic tiles from DIY shed which were of exactly the correct thickness and size to replace entire damaged tiles.
HTH Midge.