Timeswitch to mount on 6cm centres

I have a Smiths Industries timeswitch, 24-hour version, controlling a 13A socket which supplies our washing-machine. It can switch a load up to 3 Kw resistive.

It has developed after 15 years a fault, whereby it switches ON at the intended time but then the dial stops dead and moves no further. I do not believe it is worn tappets, as we have tried swapping them around, so I am beginning to think it is the clock motor.

It is mounted on a square switch-box with fixing centres 6cm (2"3/8) apart, and I wish to keep this arrangement if possible.

Can anyone tell me whether digital units are available, and whether they will work better? Alternatively perhaps I simply need to get an up-dated version from Smiths?

TIA, Robin.

Reply to
Robin Phillips