Tiling Steps

Can anyone tell me the best way to tile steps? How to place them etc., or if there is a website to show you how.
Many thanks in advance.
However you decide to do them have a look at this site:
http://www.schluter.co.uk /
They make all kinds of profiles for tiling (I've just finished tiling my bathroom using floor to wall and wall to wall profiles. They do a range especially for stair nosing profiles. This will give protection to the edges as this is the place they are likely to get damaged.