Tiling

Is it possible / advisable to tile straight on top of good sound vinyl silk emulsioned walls?
Cheers
John
John wrote:

Hi, dont know if its advisable but it is possible, I've done it, and in the bathroom as well ! still there five years on, I thought some might give when I knocked through into the extension right next to the tiled wall but they were fine :-)
"John" wrote in an inquisitve frame of mind .....

Yes, I did it 3 years ago during a kitchen refit and the tiles are all rock solid.
John wrote:

Score it a bit if it bothers you

Yes, although it is better to remove some of it for a better key. It usually comes off nicely if you score and steam it. You don't have to make a good job of it, just get enough off so that there is plenty of plaster to adhesive joint.
Christian.