Tiles and mould....

Hi

I am doing some improvements to our bathroom - we have problems with mould growth on grout. Can anyone recommend a way of removing and keeping joints clear in future. If I retile is it ok to tile over joints that have had mould growth? The tiled area is around the bath but we have a shower over the bath that is used at least 3 times a day.

Thanks Paul

Reply to
me

clean off the mould using any proprietory cleaner (available in supermarkets for mould in showers)...

If you need to, scrape out and regrout or use a white grout pen to re-whiten affected areas...

The only way to stop mould growth is to regularly clean the shower (after every use) and dry it down, whilst maintaining good ventilation - open window or fan... you now get dehumidifiers that work using chemicals rather than plug in to dry the air.

g.

Reply to
Fat Freddy's Cat