Ticking central heating pipes/rads

When I am in bed before the heating turns off, I am driven mad by a ticking noise. It sounds like the pipes or rads are expandind/contracting. I`ve had the boards up and made sure that the pipes are not rubbing on the joists. I`ve sprayed WD40 everywhere that could be moving against anything. I`ve run out of ideas, if anyone else can think of anything I would be grateful.

Cheers.....

Reply to
Aoilyboy

Usually there are little blue plastic 'spacers' on the radiator brackets to seperate the rad and bracket that are there for this very reason but a lot of plumbers never fit them. It is a time consuming job to fit them after as each radiator needs isolating, emptying and removing in order to fit them. So you may have to live with the ticking. As I decorated each room and removed the radiators I put some on then.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

You can usually lift a radiator off it's brackets and lie it flat without draining it. It is just a case of slackening the valves first.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth