Ticking central heating pipes/rads

When I am in bed before the heating turns off, I am driven mad by a ticking noise. It sounds like the pipes or rads are expandind/contracting. I`ve had the boards up and made sure that the pipes are not rubbing on the joists. I`ve sprayed WD40 everywhere that could be moving against anything. I`ve run out of ideas, if anyone else can think of anything I would be grateful.
Cheers.....

Usually there are little blue plastic 'spacers' on the radiator brackets to seperate the rad and bracket that are there for this very reason but a lot of plumbers never fit them. It is a time consuming job to fit them after as each radiator needs isolating, emptying and removing in order to fit them. So you may have to live with the ticking. As I decorated each room and removed the radiators I put some on then.
HTH
John

You can usually lift a radiator off it's brackets and lie it flat without draining it. It is just a case of slackening the valves first.
Adam