Thorn 2D lamps?

I know where I can get a tube for a Thorn 2D high efficiency fluroescent.... but does anyone know where I can get the whole thing with ballast/electronic or otherwise. I am particularly looking for a 16W since I have an uplighter that it fits perfectly in.

Reply to
biggirlsblouse

It's really difficult finding electronic ballasts designed for the 2D lamps. I have used the Philips Matchbox Blue 124 electronic ballast with the 21W 2D lamp (which is same physical size as the 16W 2D lamp) and designed to drive similar rated tubes, and it seems to work perfectly. Also, the Philips Matchbox Blue 109 ballast works well with

10W 2D lamps, although it's not claimed supported either.

The Philips Matchbox Blue ballasts are tiny instant start electronic ballasts. They also do a Red range which are preheat (or programmed start to Americans). They are available in rectangular cases, and long thin cases (and bare boards in theory, but I've never seen anyone stock those).

RS Components do the lamps, ballasts (Blue range only), and lampholders. Lamps are available in 2700K (home use to match filament and retrofit compact fluorescents) and

3500K (typical office lighting).

BTW, Thorn Lighting sold their lamp business to GE years ago, so you will find the 2D lamps are now sold under the GE Mazda name.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel