this switch?

I have replaced all my kitchen switches & sockets with chrome ones. I know nothing about wiring, I just wired them the same as the old ones. But I have a water heater switch that is not the same as a light switch (I thought it would be!) It has an earth connection and 4 other terminals : L1, L2, N1 & N2. do you think this switch will have the right connections on the back? http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?tsT023&idb643
Thanks for looking

Yes. It will have the right connections
Adam
Should you be messing with electrics if you know nothing & you need to ask?!
That is what the new Part P regs are all about.
--
regards
dave batter
kitchenman wrote:

Which bit of 'do it yourself' don't you understand? :O) Cheers Gilbert

ask?!
No I shouldn`t be. But i don`t think it is messing about to simply swap like for like with a plug socket or switch.

You tell 'im mate. :-) LOL!!! Swapping like for like is not covered by Part P of the BR's.
But you say you're changing the plastic switch plates for metal chrome, so be sure they are all fully earth bonded for your own safety.

By fully earth bonded I assume you mean the need for an earth strap from the socket/FCU/DP switch etc to the metal back box or in the case of lightswitches from the backbox to the faceplate.
These "flyleads" are required when changing plastic face plates to metal ones when there is a metal back box. They should be sheathed in green/yellow sleeving and you usually need a minimum size of 1mm^2 for lighting 1.5mm^2 for ring mains and 20 amp radials and 2.5mm^2 for cooker supplies.
Adam

with
so
the