Thermostatic shower (screwfic "traditional" thermostatic shower)

Hi - I'm looking for help with a new thermostatic shower that I have just installed to replace a standard mixer shower. I didn't install a pump because the pressure with the standard mixer shower was good but now its dropped off considerably. Does anyone have any ideas for how to improve the output without installling a pump (just tiled th bathroom and no power outlet!)?? I have tried increasing the temperature of the hot water tank to see if this would force more cold water through the thermostatic mixer in order the keep the temperature constant. Any ideas/tips appreciated!
Gerry Mc wrote:

range of operating pressure. Is it suitable for the pressure you have?
You can get thermostatic showers that work quite happily down to 0.1Bar.
Secondly, forgive me for asking, but have you installed it correctly? The things that spring to mind is that you have:
1) reversed the hot and cold connection 2) left the orifice washers in
The latter, if you have left the high pressure orifice washers in place, would greatly limit the flow.
--
Sue

Thanks, Sue I'm assuming that it is correctly installed becuase a builder did it - but I will check the things you have mentioned to see if it is actuallyinstalled properly. Thanks again
The shower head can limit the flow. I find that the simplest head works best. Another thing that had me fooled when I was investigating the weak flow was that it can take several minutes for the mechanism to adjust. Fiddling the temperature knob can reduce this delay. When switched on the hot supply is not hot so the valve shuts of the cold supply until the hot supply runs hot. This can take some time.