Thermostatic Shower Problem

Hi Guys,

Just finished installing a new shower pump and thermostatic shower value. Hot water is tee'd off the cylinder and cold is on a single continuous run from the cold tank in the loft. Everything worked fine during the tests so Ive now tiled the walls.

When I've tried the shower again I have no cold feed. The hot is fine and running the shower it gets hotter and hotter until the value kicks in then stops at which point if I turn the temperature up it comes on again then cuts out when it gets to the hotter temperature.

I think when I drained down to do some other work after connecting the cold feed I've intruduced air into either the cold pipe to the pump or from the pump to the thermostatic value and now think Im stuck with an airlock.

Any suggestions on how to clear it? and how to stop if from happening again - Id really rather not rip the tiles off the wall :-(

TIA

Reply to
Clueless

Fit a non return valve then open up the shower and disconnect the cold pipe to allow water to run through

You should be ok then

Reply to
Pete

Cheers Pete,

I sorted it last night - The airlock was on the cold feed, I ripped the pipe out the header tank put it vertical and poured water in manually with the shower value on and the pump/ hot feed off then closed the shower value fully and reconnected. I was trying to keep the pipe run without anything between the tank and the pump but I'll add a Tee and value to act as venting pipe I think to avoid future problems.

Reply to
Clueless