thermostat/programmer

Can I wire a sunvic stat to a siemens c/h programmer if so how? THANKS.

Reply to
richtea

Probably yes, but too little info is given for any help. A couple of model numbers (prog and stat) and boiler make/model and type of system would help.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

a siemens rwb9 programmer, a sunvic tlx 4101 room stat, gloworm back boiler gravity pumped central heating think its be in some years. I want to add room stat , unsure of any three way valve, some rads have thermostats.

Reply to
richtea

Should be straight forward. Live, neutral and earth for the programmer and then the CH ON connection from the programmer goes to COM on the room stat and DEM from the room stat goes to the pump. The HW ON fires the boiler and remember to put the switch on the programmer to gravity.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

thanks for the reply, cheers mate

Reply to
richtea

Adam, The programmer is already wired up its the room stat that needs connecting up.

N L 1 2 3 4

HW CH HW CH OFF OFF ON ON

I have 3 blue wires in neutral . 1 red in live . 0 wires in 1&2 . 1 red in 3. 1 red in 4 ( i am sure this one is from pump)

SUNVIC has 3 connections points 2 being com .1 being dem and 3 being sat.

does this make any sense thanks

Reply to
richtea

The red in 4 would be correct for the pump on a gravity system but it should go through the room stat before it gets to the pump.(it goes to the pump not from it, as it is the supply to the pump)

The points stand for common, demand and satisfied. The red from 4 on the programmer should go to COM on the stat and not directly to the pump. If you are adding a room stat because you have never had one you will need to alter connection 4 to a new cable that goes to the stat. The return from the stat (the point DEM) feeds the pump (ie will connect to the red that was in connection 4 at the programmer. This may be done with strip connector inside the programmer if there is space.

If you already have a thermostat then I would need ideas of what cable is at the stat to help you more.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

so i take red out of no:4 and connect it to room stat in com =2 with a strip connector and then connect dem=1 wire to no:4

sunvic tlx 4101 reads 2 = com 1 = dem 3 = sat N= n/a

it has 2 core cable connected is that ok if not how many core would i need.

does that make sense if not dont worry i will get sombody to sought it . thanks for your help anyway

Reply to
richtea

No. Connect pin 4 on the programmer to 2 on stat and the return from the stat (which is no 1=DEM) to the red wire you have removed from 4 on the prog.

THis only applies if there is no existing stat. If you are replacing a stat my email works

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth