Thermostat

I want to control a fan which is plugged in to a 240v 3 pin socket to come on when a certain temperature is reached. I know you can get 3 pin timer plugs but can you get them to turn on by temperature?? help bob
Robert Robertson wrote:

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Heating_Index/Therm_1 /
--
Howard Neil

No, the switching is the wrong way round. You can get thermostats with changeover contacts, and that's what you'll need. An example is:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SATLX2356.html
I doubt you can get one built into a 13A plug/socket combo though.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks just what I was looking for Bob

Robert Robertson wrote:

Before you order one, please check what Andrew Gabriel has posted. If I understand him correctly, the one I linked to switches on as temperature drops. You need one that switches on as temperature rises. Sorry if my link has misled you.
--
Howard Neil