Tape for Hairline Ceiling Cracks?

Am redecorating a house with several hairline ceiling cracks but, rather than just use filler, I seem to recall reading there is a microfine adhesive tape which once applied is almost invisible when painted.
Has anyone heard of this? If so, what is it called, ? is it any good? where can I purchase it ?and how much does it cost?
Many thanks
Alan
Add pictures here
✖

Hairline cracks usually fill with paint anyway.
There's scrim tape, but you then plaster over that, so probably not what you're thinking off.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Add pictures here
✖

Try this, Wall Repair Tape from screwfix: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp ;?id‡018
I have used it but it was such a pain in the ass to use that I chose the more conventional approach of scoring out the affected area and filling with a good quality filler for most of the work. I'll still use it in problem areas but don't regard it as a painless solution. Also it's difficult to see but not invisible. Rating 6/10, worth a try.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla