Tape for Hairline Ceiling Cracks?

Am redecorating a house with several hairline ceiling cracks but, rather than just use filler, I seem to recall reading there is a microfine adhesive tape which once applied is almost invisible when painted.

Has anyone heard of this? If so, what is it called, ? is it any good? where can I purchase it ?and how much does it cost?

Many thanks

Alan

Reply to
ALAN

Hairline cracks usually fill with paint anyway.

There's scrim tape, but you then plaster over that, so probably not what you're thinking off.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , ALAN writes

Try this, Wall Repair Tape from screwfix:

?id=87018 I have used it but it was such a pain in the ass to use that I chose the more conventional approach of scoring out the affected area and filling with a good quality filler for most of the work. I'll still use it in problem areas but don't regard it as a painless solution. Also it's difficult to see but not invisible. Rating 6/10, worth a try.

Reply to
fred