Tap washer cartridges

Anyone know an online source for the mixer tap cartidge that contains the washers. Not ceramic, about the size of a cotton reel ,encasing washer assembly and circular plate that shuts off the flow.
Thanks
"Capt T" wrote:

As far as I know there are only two main types of taps, traditional taps with a rubber washer on a rising spindle and the newer ceramic disc taps. What you describe as being about the size of a cotton reel sounds like a ceramic disc valve to me. If you know the name of the tap manufacturer then they should be able to supply a replacement unit. If you don't know the name of the manufacturer then you could try a replacement unit from somewhere like http://www.notjusttaps.co.uk/range-spares-fittings.htm . Tap manufacturers make their own units to their own specifications - if you don't know who made the taps it is a bugger finding a unit that will fit.