table stain

I am making a garden bench/table and wondered the best thing to coat it with. Its made out of pine and she who must be obeyed wants it dark brown. I do not want it peeling and flaking in the future and do want to see the grain through the colour. Any suggestions?

NB Have spent bloody ages on this table and saw yesterday that they are selling them in B & Q for forty quid! Never mind, mine will last longer (with the right stain :o)

Reply to
Stuart