Support for kitchen top

Hi I am doing work on my kitchen. I have long Kitchen top with a base unit at each end and space between for 3 appliances. I wish to have some support between the appliances as I do not want the top to sag onto the top of the appliances.
The sort of thing I have in mind I can't see at DIY suppliers any ideas please for a tube/rod that is adjustable in length? (Adjustable such as the base unit legs are but longer.)
I just feel there must be something out there to do the job and need to find the suppliers. Thanks David
On 19/02/2015 14:14, David wrote:

I just cut the end off a bit of pipe at the right length.
Andy
On 27/02/2015 19:21, Vir Campestris wrote:

Thanks that's a good idea. Regards David