suitable ceiling for downlighters

Just got my Screwfix mains halogen showerlight, and the 'destructions' tell me that a wood ceiling is not suitable. (Curses!) So what is - ordinary plasterboard? And just how hot do these things get? Cheers Gilbert

Reply to
Gilbert

I have similar Q ? the downlighters (low voltage ones) are blimmin hot in my ceiling and the loft has the insulation pulled away about 30cm all around each one, still smells of burning up there when they are switched on. What is the safe method of install and can you board over the top safely ?

Reply to
Vass

I know it looks naff...but leave them uncovered..and don't ever board over them if your having a loft extension!

Reply to
biggirlsblouse