Sugar soap or sandpaper

I have front door to paint.The paint on the door is quite good and I dont really want to put a flat coat on and I am not keen on sandpapering. I see focus has liquid sugar soap.Does sugar soap do the same job as sandpaper? I would appreciate views on this.

whereas sandpaper levels irregularities and gives the next coat a key to help it to stick. Ideally you should sugar soap then sandpaper but there's not much point in sugar soaping if the paint is clean..
Rob Graham

door so a bit of a pain to do

paper round a small block of wood helps get into the difficult bits. Off cuts of planed batten (say19x38x100) and window bead off cuts. Edges or rounded edges clean up mouldings nicely. I use 80 grade paper for almost everything but 120 grade might suit you better.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:12:06 +0100, Tab wrote:

A bit of fine steel wool might solve any mouldings problem.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK