Studwork walls

I am in the process of building an extension with two bedrooms. I've got all the studwork done for the internals walls and one side plasterboarded. What is the normally accepted 'filling' for acoustic/thermal insulation. Ie., do I put Kingspan type boards inbetween the studs or rock wall etc?
mark

Thanks. I shall use all the Kingspad off cuts etc.
Mark
[Default] On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:17:54 +0100, a certain chimpanzee,
wrote:

Those requirements are two separate things. As an internal wall, you would want sound insulation, but wouldn't want thermal unless the two rooms were at markedly different temperatures. For the former, use mineral wool batts; they absorb some frequencies. The rigid insulation will just act like a drum and transmit them through the wall.
--
Hugo Nebula