strimmers

Hi, I've just moved into a flat and the garden was quite overgrown with grass, various shrubs, nettles and roses gone wild. Its all been hacked down and nothing much is sticking up much more than about 8 inches of the ground. I have never used a strimmer and wondered if anyone had any ideas as to the suitability of a mains operated strimmer for keeping the undergrowth under control. Looking at the pictures on the packaging I can see nice lawns being strimmed but thats about it.

Reply to
jogger

You would be far better off hiring a proper brush strimmer but one with a blade as apposed to a nylon line.

ken

Reply to
Ken

Any recommendations? All the local big stores just have feeble looking strimmers that don't look up to the job.

Reply to
jogger

You don't normally find blade strimmers at DIY sheds. You will have search the hire shops, that is if you can find one that will hire it to you. They are lethal in the wrong hands so they are very cautious, health & safety wise.

ken

Reply to
Ken