Steam, no idea

I'm a sinlge bloke and want to buy a carpet cleaner, I've seen the vax type things and they seem o.k. But how do the steam cleaners work they don't have a suction on them? Do you steam the carpet, wait for it to dry then vac up or what?

Reply to
crashbang1

Most carpet cleaners use hot water and detergent which is sprayed onto the carpet, brushed in, then vacuumed out. See

(scroll down to Do you use steam?) I use a reconditioned Bissell carpet cleaner which is excellent. See

DIY