Stainless steel splashback

Hello
Wonder if anyone can give me some advice on a little problem that I have. Doing a bit of kitchen refurbishment at my son's flat and he wants a stainless steel splashback fitted at the back of his cooker hob. The problem is that I haven't seen anything that fits exactly, so I would have to cut it to fit - what I want to know is what's the best way to do this without making a mess of it? Also, how are these things usually fixed to the wall? I have heard that they are normally fixed with adhesive or screws, but can anyone be a bit more precise?
Best to try and locate a fabrication company in your area (yellow pages) for cutting the steel, as the only way to achieve an acceptable cut is using a metal guillotine. As for fixing it onto the walls, I used no more nails type stuff on mine - and it works superb!
Lee
Hi you can cut s/steel with a carbide wheel on a hand grinder or take it to a metal shop for cutting on a gilutine as for fixing drill & mirror screws or silicone on rear of s/back,,, hope this helps,,,,

have.
cut
Its of a certain is sized correctly so you shoulnt have to cut it, why are you needing to ? There are regulations regardind height etc if fitting for a gas hob.
Peter

There are a couple of companies on EBAY that do them to size Do a search for splash back
e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 685&itemC77437008&rd=1