Stainless Steel sinks

Similar layouts of stainless sinks can vary in price by large amounts - how do I find the quality and what am I paying extra for? No, I'm not talking about designer names!

Will

Reply to
Will

There are different grades of stainless, some are more stainless than others! The other thing you are paying for is thickness of metal. Some cheap ones are remarkably flexible. Here's a link whaich may help

Malc

You are right. We bought a cheap one for our utility room and while it suits our needs the drainer, bottom of bowl and taps can flex with relative ease. We find our resin / stone type sink 1st class as it does not stain, scratch and looks as good as it did 10 years ago. Stainless will always scratch no matter what the price unless you do not use them :-) Gio

Reply to
Gio

I got an inset IKEA one, which seemed good value for money, and unlike the ones in the sheds, hadn't been dropped, stepped on, or had a collision with a fork lift.

With regards to the tap, mount an inset sink as far forward as you can in the worktop and mount the tap behind it in the worktop rather than on the sink. The IKEA sinks come undrilled, so you don't even end up with a blanking plate over an unused tap hole.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It does.

Reply to