Stackable appliances for a Small Kitchen

Would anyone know if its possible to get some sort of small compact stackable washing machine and dishwasher (i.e. to sit on top of one another or by the side of each other).

I have a smalll kitchen and it seems I can only have either a washing machine or a dishwasher.

Reply to
rmdaviesuk

I had a similar need but just welded up two "t" sections and bolted them to the wall, and used a section of worktop as a shelf, bolted to the arm of the "t"s. One machine sits underneath and the other on the shelf. There is no mechanical coupling between the units, so nothing like the noise that stacked machines would make.

If you can't weld - a local company will make you up some for not a lot.

I have the washing machine underneath - so I can easily load into and out of a clothes basket on the floor. The dishwasher is mostly at eye level - but getting things in and out of the top tray would be a problem for someone short.

The plumbing needs to be considered carefully. I used a seperate downpipe and trap for each and ran separate pipes to the stack.

Reply to
Palindrome

Check out AEG fitted appliances (they do two dishwashers that fit into tall housings)

Reply to
The Kitchen Designer