Squeaky mixer tap

I'm living in a new house but I'm having a problem with the mixer tap in the kitchen sink. Both hot and cold taps are inclined to get stiff and squeak when turned on or off. The problem has been coming and going for a month or two. I have a vague theory that this is caused by hot water running through the monobloc and causing problems of relative expansion. However, the cold tap has had this problem continuously for the last couple of days. What can be causing this and what is the solution?

TIA, Terry_P

Reply to
Terry_P

A quick smear of "food-grade" silicon grease on the working parts may do the trick.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Thanks, Sue.

Reply to
Terry_P

You may actually find that there is enough grease already in the thing - it just needs re-distributing.

Reply to
Palindr☻me