spirit based gloss over water based primer ok ?

Hi, Two tins of Berger paint. Both called pure brilliant white both ok for interior and exterior use. Quick dry primer undercoat , clean brushes with water. Liquid gloss (clean brushes with proprietary brush cleaner)
Is it ok to use the gloss over the primer if primer allowed to dry (2hr touch dry, 4 hr before overcoating it says on primer) considering the fact that primer is water based and gloss is not ?
To cover plywood shelf.
Cheers
Steve

It should be fine but just to be safe I would try a bit of gash wood forst. TonyB

Cheers, will do. Steve

Steve wrote:

Steve,
No problems with that system internally (as per your question), but I would advise against using a water-based primer/undercoat under an oil-based gloss paint for external decoration as there is a possibility of it prematurely breaking down.
Tanner-'op
Cheers tanner-'op' Well and truly noted. Wish these manufacturers would say so on tins. Steve

But then you could have a go if it didn't work as they said. Ouch, my cynical nerve is twitching again.
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames