Speedfit plastic pipe and brass compression fittings Which Insert to use?

I've been rejigging the central heating, with a new rad fitted in one cold spot in the house.
I've been using this JG Speedfit plastic pipe (things are a lot easier than they used to be, aren't they!), and have come to the point where I want to join it to some old copper pipe. Frankly, being a bit of a luddite, I dont trust the speedfit coupling on the old grungy copper pipes, and am going to use brass compression fittings with olives etc.
However, when I stick the whizzy Speedfit pipe insert into the pipe and offer it up to the compression fitting, I note that the olive only has about 1mm of pipe to grip because the insert sticks out about 4 or 5mm. This doesnt seem like enough to me - I'm afraid the olive will pop off and flood me out when I am least expecting it!
The speedfit website shows a special insert for use in this situation, BUT nobody seems to stock them - not Screwfit, Gibbs and Dandy, Plumb Centre, or any of the local merchants.
I'm thinking that there must be a 'work around' that the trade use. Anybody know what pro plumbers use for the insert when they're connecting Speedfit into a compression fitting?

I have used the Speedfit couplers dierct to the old copper pipe and never had any problems at all. I have even got one between the copper pipe and my shower inlet and everything is working fine
--
the_constructor

Don\'t tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

Try standard inserts (code 7139) about half way down this page http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/155.asp which have a shorter flange than superseal inserts (with the O-ring) (code 11631) just above. You don't need the extra O-ring as the olive seals on pipe & fitting.
Or was it the standard ones you were concerned about?
I agree with you using compression to link copper & plastic, I'll always make the fitting at least as strong as the strongest item to be jointed (IYSWIM).
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

Thanks Fred - I couldnt find these "standard inserts" anywhere locally. The superseal ones looked like trouble in the compression fittings, so I'll order up a swag of the standard ones now.
Much obliged.
You say the insert "sticks out" it should be flush with the end of the pipe..Knock it in with the side of a wrench or whatver to hand.The end of the pipe should be cut square of couse before hand. You should then find the pipe is held quite well with the olive in a normal position. 1 mm grip is NO good. I have just fitted a new rad extending like you with the bendy barrier pipe and plug on fitting. Have fun
Andy