Speed awaress course

I'm told that you can have only one speed awareness course, but I have friend who reckons she's been on several. Can this be so?
On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 8:03:36 PM UTC, cryptogram wrote:

Sorry - inadvertently posted here as well as uk.rec.cars.maintenance
On 23/12/2015 20:03, cryptogram wrote:

It's true, but not in quick succession. Or so I've heard - I've only done one.
Andy
On 23/12/15 21:14, Vir Campestris wrote:

Probably half of all car drivers has done one.
With a minor overspeed ye have a choice of either attending the £95 course, or taking the penalty points. Those points will increase your future insurance premium, so doing the course has the benefit that the insurance company is not twigged to assess you as a high risk.
However, in a recent renewal quote they ask - "have you ever been on a speed awareness course". Naughty :(
--
Adrian C

Three points on your licence rarely has an effect on the premium.
--
Chris Green
·

On 24/12/15 17:38, snipped-for-privacy@isbd.net wrote:

Hmmm not doubting you may be right, but interestingly the lecturers of the Hertfordshire course told us different...
"Well (giggle) he would, wouldn’t he"
--
Adrian C

Well I have had (on and off) three points on my licence as have other members of the family and when insuring/renewing I've always been told that 3 points doesn't matter.
--
Chris Green
·

On 24/12/2015 17:17, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

I was asked. I switched insurers, and told them exactly why.
Andy