South Facing Room Gets Too Hot

Hi All,

Our lounge has a large window and patio doors, and faces South West. Hence it gets hot on summer afternoons. How can I best keep out the heat, ideally without blocking out too much light. Blinds? Window Film? Reflective Curtains?

Any experiences much appreciated.

Reply to
Ian Prideaux

I'd go down the window film route, you'll still get light but not the heat. We have Pilkington Activ Blue in our conservatory and it works treat. You can get a stick on film rather than replacing the glazing units.

Brian

Reply to
Brianb

External canopy blind (not sure the right name) works very well, as used by shops over their pavement display area. It stops the heat before it gets to the building fabric. You can get fixed and fold-away ones. You will see many modern offices have fixed ones as part of the building styling nowadays.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel