Sorry to ask again

Hi, I asked this question some time ago, then was unable to do any think for some time. Now I can`t find the answer. So, I have an artexed plasterboard ceiling which I want to skim. I have knocked of the high bits and applied one thin coat of pva. I will then apply a thicker coat of pva just before I skim it. If I have to do a second skim, do I have to pva it again or scratch it, or do I just apply the second skim strait onto the first. Thanks

Reply to
Cyberdog

You will have to do (at least) 2 coats on an uneven artex base. The first gives you a flat surface, level with the remaining artex peaks, but cannot be polished due to those peaks. The second clears the peaks and can be polished.

You apply the second straight to the first providing it's still wet, and ideally not fully set yet. If you have let it set and dry, you will need to PVA it before reskimming.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks Andrew.

Reply to