SmartAX MT882 wired router

I have a SmartAX MT882 wired router which a friend gave me, after he had ditched TalkTalk.

I wish to configure it to work on Plus.Net.

I connected the ADSL line and power supply to it, but the ADSL light never lit. I then connected Ethernet cable and went into Firefox and was able to gain admittance to the settings.

I assume that the ADSL light didn't flash because the settings were wrong, am I right ?

If someone could help me with all the settings I would be extremely grateful. It may take a bit of time to get sorted, so I suggest off group communications.

Kindest regards,

Jim

Reply to
the_constructor

Not an expert, but the few I've played with will show the presence of the carrier before being programmed for the individual installation.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There are a couple of settings that have to be right for the ADSL to work. When a particular box turns it's DSL light on is anyones guess...

But to work on a BT ADSL line the modem needs to be set to:

PPPoA encapsulation, multiplex to VC and Virtual Circuit IDs VPI of 0 and VCI of 38. And of course the correct username and password to login to your ISP.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice