SmartAX MT882 wired router

I have a SmartAX MT882 wired router which a friend gave me, after he had ditched TalkTalk.
I wish to configure it to work on Plus.Net.
I connected the ADSL line and power supply to it, but the ADSL light never lit. I then connected Ethernet cable and went into Firefox and was able to gain admittance to the settings.
I assume that the ADSL light didn't flash because the settings were wrong, am I right ?
If someone could help me with all the settings I would be extremely grateful. It may take a bit of time to get sorted, so I suggest off group communications.
Kindest regards,
Jim

Not an expert, but the few I've played with will show the presence of the carrier before being programmed for the individual installation.
--
*One of us is thinking about sex... OK, it's me.

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:37:17 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

There are a couple of settings that have to be right for the ADSL to work. When a particular box turns it's DSL light on is anyones guess...
But to work on a BT ADSL line the modem needs to be set to:
PPPoA encapsulation, multiplex to VC and Virtual Circuit IDs VPI of 0 and VCI of 38. And of course the correct username and password to login to your ISP.
--
Cheers
Dave.