Small Screws

Can anyone recommend a site for buying spectacle screws of various sizes ?
The little repair kits you can buy seem to be the wrong size for the specs I have.
How do you measure the size of a screw ?
Thanks
I walked into Vision Express and said I've lost a screw (no clever remarks please) and they fitted a new one for me and a drop of some kind of lock-tight to help stop it happening again. Cost? nil not bad eh?
Ron