Slow draining sink

Our kitchen sink is again draining quite slowly. We have tried various drain cleaners in the past. Is there one that group users recommend? I believe that a builder employed by the previous owner probably put plaster of Polyfila down the sink. Mal.

Mal, I came across this problem with a friends sink The drain went from the sink to an inside sewing stack. When u bend was taken off, after many attempts with chemical cleaners etc, the pipe had a small hole in the middle because years of accumulated grease etc had stick to sides of the pipe. I cut the pipe nearer to the stack and put an end cap on it so no smells would pass through, then I drilled the outside wall and fitted completely new waste system. The sink cleaners don't do much of a job as advertised. If a small hole is all that is there it will just pass through it
Jim G

Have you removed the trap and manually cleaned that out? What drain cleaner have you used? I find the stuff from the builders merchants solves a lot of drain problems. It must be powerful stuff as it come packed in a bottle inside a sealed plastic bag!
Mike