Slightly OT: Plastic Bolts and Rivets

Hi

I'm involved in a project making polystyrene cages for an arts project with kids for a summer exhibition.

I'm looking for something which can be stuck into the polystyrene to create the effect of fairly sturdy rivets of around 1" diameter. They need to be really lightweight though as these things are going to be suspended above people's heads.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

XIV

Reply to
louisxiv

Use some more of the polystyrene and a hot-wire cutter with a former to run it round.

You can make a cutter with a length of wire from a mains heater element and power it with a car battery or charger, etc. Youll need some sort of tensioning frame, I used a spanish windlass arrangement.

The fumes aren't nice to breathe.

Reply to
Derryck Croker

Button mushrooms?