Skylight

I am going to rebuild a single story south facing kitchen with a flat roof. I will need to put a skylight maybe two on the roof, mainly for the light. I have googled without much success. I wonder if anyone has any ideas regarding types or any info really. Regards.....

Reply to
Oilyboy

Cant go wrong with a velux.Put one in and had little roofing experience.Did need a bit of a hand from a friend whos a builder to get it in place but was fairly easy.Another wee tip would be if you dont mind getting your hands dirty look out for a second hand one thats in good working order and just refurb it.Velux wanted £220 for my skylight but got one that was painted white on ebay for £80 . A day of scrubbing down with nitromors and steel wool and it looked as good as new,and dont forget the varnish! ;-)

Good luck,

JB

Reply to
Jonbhoy

OP has a flat roof. I thought that Velux are for pitched roofs?

Reply to
Codswallop

Mainly they do pitched roof but they also do flat roof stuff.

JB

Reply to
Jonbhoy

Reply to