sink waste fitting

I have a franke sink to fit into a varnished wood worktop, it's a push in fitted by serrated claws on the sink sides which grip the worktop; what sealant should I use, also do I need a smear of anything on the gaskets provided when fitting the waste outlet, if so what? Thanks for any info.

I have a similar Franke sink and, when new, it came with a sealant strip that you laid twixt metal and wood. I would imagine that you could get similar sealant strip from any place that sells sinks.
--
Tinkerer

On 12/08/2011 17:03, BigWallop wrote:

Are you serious? Totally the wrong product.

Nice to hear from you again BW. You are a rare visitor these days.
--
Tinkerer (formerly Keith W)

On 10/08/2011 20:28, rog wrote:

Either the tape supplied with the sink or clear silicone.

LS-X available from B&Q, most plunbers suppliers.

On the sink waste gasket as well ?