sink waste fitting

I have a franke sink to fit into a varnished wood worktop, it's a push in fitted by serrated claws on the sink sides which grip the worktop; what sealant should I use, also do I need a smear of anything on the gaskets provided when fitting the waste outlet, if so what? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
rog

I have a similar Franke sink and, when new, it came with a sealant strip that you laid twixt metal and wood. I would imagine that you could get similar sealant strip from any place that sells sinks.

Reply to
Tinkerer

You could also use Gutter Sealant. It comes in standard tube size used in the silicone gun applicator. It's thick black bitumen like stuff and only needs enough to fill the gap between the worktop and sink, leaving a little to squeeze when the sink is tightened down.

Lasts for years and doesn't leak if you make sure to apply a good solid unbroken ring around the sink opening.

Good luck with it.

BigWallop

Are you serious? Totally the wrong product.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Either the tape supplied with the sink or clear silicone.

LS-X available from B&Q, most plunbers suppliers.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On the sink waste gasket as well ?

Reply to
rog

Nice to hear from you again BW. You are a rare visitor these days.

Reply to
Tinkerer