Single-to-double socket adapters

I'm looking for single to double socket adapters like the white ABS ones you get at B&Q/Screwfix/TLC, but *not* in white plastic. Does anyone know if such things are available in stainless or nickle plate finishes or anything but white ABS?

thx!

- c

You could always try rubbing down and painting the surfaces that show - DIY sheds do gold, brass, nickle, chrome effect spray paints.....

Midge.

Reply to
Midge

is metallic paint electrically conductive ?

Reply to
Fray Bentos

Not suggesting painting the inside of the plastic box, just the outside surfaces on view. The only point of electrical contact even if the paint is conductive is then the (earthed) front plate.

Reply to
Midge

The bit i was thinking about was around the live pin. If the plug is slightly out and the pin is shorting the live to paint (earth) then trip or bang...

Reply to
Fray Bentos

Perhaps my explanation isn't clear. The posting asked the question whether the plastic adapter boxes which allow a dual socket plate to be attached to a single back box are available in anything other than white plastic.

My answer refers to the adapter box, and most certainly NOT to the socket plate.

i.e. you buy your brass, chrome, nickel etc. socket plate as normal (such plates must be earthed to protect from the sort of fault you describe), and just paint the exposed four sides of the adapter box to match the finish on the item you've bought.

As some metallic paints *may* conduct, you'd avoid painting the INSIDE of the plastic box as you'd then have the difficulty of earthing it (as if it were a metal surface mount box) in case live came adrift and touched the inside of the box rather than front plate.

Hope this clarifies.

Reply to
Midge

I was actually looking for socket adapters with metal plates as opposed to something i'd have to paint myself. Thx for the discussion and your interest, all.

- c