silicone injection to walls

i'm in a lower ground/basement flat & we were flooded back in July, we've had the plaster & sand/cement off the walls up to 1.2m high & the dehumidifiers & fan blowers have been going at it for nearly 6 wks now, the surveyor said it should be certified dry in the next few weeks. Next i assume would be to get the brick walls injected with silicone, i can still see the bore holes in my brick wall 6" above my concrete floor when this was done ?? yrs ago before i bought the flat. But another surveyor says silicone injection is rubbish in his opinion, a good sand/cement course followed by finishing plaster would be OK. Any advice? note* the concrete floor does have a DPC sheet under which runs up to the brick wall, i found this when i poked around at it to see what was below :)

i'm thinking of doing the silicone injection myself to save money, have done some research on other websites but my question is, what brand & any recommendations? there seem to be quite a few ranging from £20-£60 a tube!! the general advice given is to inject downwards into the bore hole & fill it up to the opening. My question is... how does the silicone work within the brickwork? does it permeate over time into the bricks & form a kind of chemical seal to prevent rising damp? the old boreholes i have now are all empty, clean as a whistle which leads me to think it does permeate into the bricks.

dave.

Reply to
dave timble

The silicon is absorbed into the bricks like a sponge.

The cheapest method would be to hire the injecting equipment from somewhere like HSS. Wands (which have perforations) are placed into the holes & the silicon pumped under pressure. This will have to be done inside & out of the property prior to replastering.

Don.

Reply to
cerberus