Siemens Thermostatic Radiator Valve White Compression Angled

Help please. When the cap is turned fully on the radiator does not get fully hot. When I remove the cap the pin then fully extends and the rad gets piping hot. Is there a way to adjust the Thermostatic Radiator Valve to allow the pin to fully raise? Or should I file down the pin about a millimetre or so? TIA

John the West Ham fan

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com <

Reply to
housetrained

Is there enough air circulation around the valve, and is the room cool = enough, for the TRV to want to open fully?

Does the pin move freely, or could it be sticking as the head releases = it very slowly?

If you have more than one identical TRV, try swapping the heads and = comparing results.

I certainly wouldn't file the pin under any circumstances.

HTH

--=20 martin

Reply to
Martin

When i remove all the heads completely the rads get piping hot - as we like them. But another thing, when turning the head to hotter a rushing bubbling water sound occurs. This is quite unnerving late at night it happens so suddenly then stops for a while. Have bled all the rads but I'm not sure how to do this. Should they be cold or full on and pump running, is there an order etc. etc.? TIA housetrained

Is there enough air circulation around the valve, and is the room cool enough, for the TRV to want to open fully?

Does the pin move freely, or could it be sticking as the head releases it very slowly?

If you have more than one identical TRV, try swapping the heads and comparing results.

I certainly wouldn't file the pin under any circumstances.

HTH

Reply to
housetrained

You say the radiator doesn't get fully hot, but what is the room temperature? If it has reached the temperature set on the TRV then the radiator is not supposed to get hotter.

Reply to
Tinkerer